Dr. Dennis Bean - Pastor
I have been happily married to the former Teresa McDonald for 26 years and God has blessed us with two wonderful sons, Nathan and Enoch.
I was introduced to my best friend – Jesus Christ when I was sixteen years old. The day I allowed Jesus Christ to take charge of my life was the greatest day of my life. While a freshman in college God called me to serve him as a minister of the Gospel. I was licensed to the Gospel Ministry December 15, 1975 and was ordained on June 1, 1980.
I graduated from Gaston College with an Associate Arts degree. I was blessed to attend and graduate from Gardner-Webb University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree. I graduated with distinction from Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary with a Master of Divinity Degree. Lastly, I received a Doctor of Ministry Degree from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary in May of 2010. I have been in full-time in the Gospel Ministry for over 30 years.
- Deans List at Gardner-Webb
- President’s List at Gardner-Webb
- Magna Cum Laude Honor Student
- Recipient of the J.O. Terrill Senior Scholastic Award
- President’s List at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Recipient of the Nannie Bruce Nelson New Testament Scholastic Award
- Summa Cum Laude Honor Student
- Graduated Salutatorian of the Class of 1992 Ministry
- Minister of Youth and Outreach at Midway Baptist Church
- Pastor of Catawba Baptist Church
- Senior Pastor of Salem Baptist Church
- Senior Pastor of Anthony Grove Baptist Church
I have a passion to see people fall in love with Jesus Christ and to help them mature into committed, growing, enthusiastic disciples of Jesus Christ.